What others see and we don't...

Last week Saturday, I entered a cab with a very friendly driver. Talking about random concerns, it was a very lively and enjoyable ride. And then suddenly, he almost bumped into a car but luckily he was able to hold the break. The car in front of us was moving in two lanes, two tyres in each lane.  At first he moved left with the intention of switching lanes, but he just decided to stay in the middle and that was what caused the confusion. The driver was just complaining, and then he said “I’m sure this is how the man’s character is. He doesn’t know what he wants and can’t make up his mind. He’s a confused person.”  That statement struck me because I like to analyse everything and relate it to my personal life. And I was like ‘woaw’, I’ve always had problem of indecision (which has greatly improved recently), and throughout my training and practice period of driving, I always have problem maintaining my lane. This was like a bomb, how can this great flaw be easily identified, and why does it have to reflect in other aspects of a person’s life. Still trying to process that, I heard another one today. Someone asked me what my favourite meal was, and I said I didn’t have a particular meal that I like best. He was surprised, and then he said “it tells a lot about your personality and habits.” This was another bomb! He didn’t say it as a bad thing, but it reminded me of the Saturday incidence. I guess he just meant that having a favourite meal tells a lot about you as a person. But I was reminded about my indecision problem. If people could easily see this in me, no one would take me seriously.
I’ve just been thinking of how a person’s personality, character and habits reflect in the slightest thing they do. Maybe I look calm to you and may seem to have everything figured out, but I’m fighting an endless war in my head, and you’ll notice if you pay attention to the random things I do.  A person’s personality, character, and habit matters a lot. We have to make conscious efforts to build a positive character, because when we don’t know, we pass different messages to the people around us. For the slightest, littlest things we do that we may consider not important, people are watching, making conclusions and judging us too. So for the rest of the year, I’ve assigned myself the responsibility to tackle my indecision problem for good. I read an article by a friend on “dealing with indecision, http://lifestylegems.com.ng/blog/indecisive-much-how-to-deal-with-indecisions-in-10-ways It’s been of great help and there’s great progress. You can also visit his blog for more wonderful life tips @ www.lifestylegems.com.ng

Build a positive character and habit, because it reflects in everything you do and you don’t want to pass the wrong message to people based on a random act of carelessness.  

Let's share our thoughts and views on how our habits and characters reflect in little things we do.

Comments

Popular Posts