The World is Wrong


I saw this picture somewhere and it just reminded me of my everyday internal struggle; of who I am, who I want to be, and who the world needs me to be😤 In every space I get, I am constantly caught in this web; trying to figure out ways to balance this uneven equation. There are things that the world approves of and I don’t; but then in order for my contribution to have an impact, I find myself with only two options of either bending my rules and conforming to the world standards, or just choosing to remain quiet. It actually is a bias system, where there are trends. And every recognized innovation and creativity must align to the pattern. Well, it’s not a necessity to blend in; but the deep considerations that I have to put in for those who may not feel my worth because they do not approve my style, leaves me in a pit of my own edges thoughts. It always boils down to me making the choices I feel are best, but I wouldn’t disregard the impact of the pressure around me. Everyday, I find myself evolving and conforming to things I forbade before; just because I want to reach a larger crowd, experience everything necessary, and yeah! the lie I constantly tell myself is that I am discovering my true self. I know I shouldn’t remain primitive or limited because I want to hold on to my beliefs; I know the world is constantly changing and I have to change too; I know that people are different and so are their perspectives and opinions; I know that I can never be right all the time; but all these shouldn’t pressure my personality nor my creativity to a fault. I should have an opinion and freely express myself without anyone marginalizing me, or worst dehumanizing me. You shouldn’t make me feel less human just to point out my fault or tell me that I’m wrong. I shouldn’t have to kiss your feet before you let me tell you that your tie is on wrongly. I shouldn’t have to capitalize on my flaws because that is all the world sees. 
I should be able to express myself in the rawest form without feeling dejected. Yes! The world is wrong for defining me. I know I should care less what others think and what the opinion of the world is. But then, the world needs to stop limiting me too

Comments

Popular Posts