SEE FOR YOURSELF

SEE FOR YOURSELF.

It happens to me all the time! I hear this about a person; and the whole period after that, I occupy myself trying to point out that fault or feature in that person. But overtime, the people that I’ve heard the worst about are the people I have grown to love and value. You know, when you hear something about a person; you are focused on having a firsthand witness or evidence about what you heard, especially if it’s something bad. And if not for grace, I’d have lost a number of the good ones if I had stuck to the stuff I heard about them.
 First of all, people have moods and have days when they’re not just it. There are days when the pressure is overwhelming or they are literally losing hope and giving up. First impressions and all that talk, doesn’t accurately define a person. Yeah, they say first impressions matter but everyone deserves another opportunity to prove themselves, at least in a different scenario.
From all this talk, I’ve learnt that in building relationships with people and trying to figure out the good ones for your network, you need to ‘see for yourself’. Yes! You’d hear people say a lot about them and you’d be cautious not to make wrong networks, but do not let someone else’s perception cloud your own judgment. Your interest in someone and what you expect to gain is entirely different from every other person, so do not let them make the decisions for you.
To be continued…….

Comments

Popular Posts