Liars speak body language too.

No, why would he hold my hand a little too long when everyone's looking? Why did he make me laugh so hard, and then suffocate me with his musky scent as he tries so hard to be in my face every time? I have lost count of the times I would catch his gaze when he got lost in my eyes. Sometimes it made me uncomfortable, and I would wonder if my nose was actually bigger than I thought. 

For someone who was highly contrasting with my ideal standard for my dream man, he fit in the box so perfectly. I started dreaming because of him. A new experience that I was loving. Wednesdays were our days. It wasn't scheduled but we happened to be in the same meeting every Wednesday, and I was never too tired or depressed to attend. 

Chemistry as a subject was one that made me question my existence, but the chemistry that existed here gave me purpose. I remembered the day I woke up and saw that he had added me on social media. What more sign could a girl need. And oh! he always wore a BIG smile every Wednesday when I entered the room, I was finally and graciously living my fairytale.

Now four months later, I've not attended any meetings but I'm really feeling this 'go getter' side of me. I send a DM, with my full chest and dignity. Would you believe that this daughter of the most high was left on READ!!!. Day one, I thought to myself, maybe he was busy. Day two, I refused to check, telling myself that I did not care. Day three into day four, I saw that he actually read this message and refused to reply. At first, I wondered how dumb I was for misunderstanding the language he spoke the months before. But indeed, liars speak body language. 

And now I'm repeatedly listening to 'Wanted' by OneRepublic.......




I am definitely not engaging anyone that tries to tell me that I made assumptions and created false expectations. Please I was there when everything happened and you were not. I speak facts and not feelings. Because it's like you're telling me that all those Pinterest articles I spent most nights reading were all lies. Those articles literally told me that this man had a ring and was waiting for the right time to propose! 

No ooh, I refuse this breakfast. I kuku don't normally eat breakfast. 

Comments

Popular Posts