You can have my uterus now, thanks😤

I know you didn't ask, but consider this a new year's gift from me to you - yes! I'm giving you my uterus. I genuinely do not want it. I hesitated a bit because I didn't get doctor's orders yet, but I've come to understand that it does not take away the impact of the experience. As much as it is a joy to have my monthly period (for obvious reasons 🤭), I genuinely do not wish to have it at all. 

It's not as far a throwback because I have since been unable to outlive the trauma. Imagine the audacity! This pear-shaped organ took my emotions, made a fine ball of it, and played the finest football game ever. Now my brain is picking on the silliest defense mechanism ever. I actually believe that my next period might take my life - literally! 

So now, the status quo is that I have zero control over my emotions. It's been 10 long years in a month. With nothing significantly lacking, I could not find one reason to keep myself from banging my head on the wall. If there's a PTSD scale, you'll think I was a war front soldier 😑. Every time I feel like I'm okay and life is starting to level, my brain says 'soak it up while you can because it's not guaranteed'. Literally has me at gunpoint, claiming what it never gave me......

I do want a fix but I don't know what that will mean for me. I have just tried to word an experience that I don't even know how to explain to myself. But I'll take my accolades as I feel that I've done very well in confusing and not convincing you that my uterus is trying to kill me😖

It's unbelievable sometimes the conversations I have with friends and their different experiences with the 'uterus'. As much as there are serious struggles, it seems as though it is a necessary evil that we've been tasked to do life with. I also do pray that there is a lot of love out there for us all fighting this war. 


Love and light from one fighter to another ❤


#PMDD #periods #PMS #uterus

Ps. If we start a support group and start a 'petition to ban periods', will you give your signature and become a member???🥲





Comments

Gimbiya said…
Most definitely!! Periods should be illegal😫.

Beautiful write up!
Adedamola Leroy said…
I pray you find ease each time it shows up. You’re such a blessed writer!
Unknown said…
Yes I will.. period should be just for a Day... Nice write-up!!!
Anjola Afe said…
My girl dey write… But periods though

Popular Posts