For the love of dogs.

Salisu is on the run. With a knife in his hand, screaming and his eyes are like they are about to pop out. It's a goddamn Sunday evening.... Why is Salisu running with a knife. The urge to join the race, because well, it's Nigeria and unfortunately we're still high in the read of insecurity and terrorism - although my cerebrum would argue that this is a far stretched description of what is going on.


Salisu is still running, and my body needs to catch up with my brain or else I become a casualty of whatever is chasing Salisu. I was on my way to satisfy my suya cravings, and obviously Salisu is the king of the area when it comes to 'nama' affairs. Salisu is locked in the fear of his predicament, I don't imagine that he'd hear me or see me.

Salisu is still running. Roughly 5 people are on the street, but none acknowledging the drama that is Salisu. I step back into my father's compound and find a way to keep my eyes on the street, on Salisu. Salisu is past the gate of my father's house and as I am quickly recovering from the deafening effects of his scream, I sight the monster and the at the moment bane of Salisu's existence.

In prestige fur of black and mahogany, I stare at this Rottweiler wearing a look of amusement. And from the belt on his neck, I see that he is Talabi's dog, living two houses away from where Salisu prepares his meat and enjoys moments of fame as he likes to say. There is a conspiracy theory that Salisu eats dog meat and that is why Spike is always out for Salisu.

Unfortunately for Salisu this evening, Tanko had forgotten that Spike was on release when he opened the gate for Talabi to drive in. Spike seized the opportunity and decided to defend the souls of the dogs that Salisu has allegedly eaten - that's my best theory. I let out a loud laugh. It's just a dog. And for someone who controls 'nama', why are you so scared of a dog? 

Salisu is still running and screaming, Spike is still barking and chasing, Tanko is now the second runner up in the race as he calls at Spike to stop. I still want to eat Suya, but I'll have to wait for Salisu to return to his throne, alive. And until then, my friends......
Pray for Salisu. 

Comments

Popular Posts