Drowning in Oxygen.

I am a northern girl who dares to chase her dreams. That should tell you all that you need to know about my prowess and my stance in making connections and keeping companionships. I stand as my own umbrella in a world raining down limitations and disapprovals of females who want to let the little light inside of them find an outlet. If I dare to defy the long-standing traditional odds that have built up my community so, what makes you think that your careless words can box me.


 

You know, I choose to love. I choose to feel what I claim to feel. And I can shut it down when it starts to threaten my being. I am the girl who dares to do the hard things. My heart remains as soft as a pillow, but I will not be forced into a box of blind submission for the sake of earning you a space where your ego can thrive. I am hot and cold and still find my point of neutralization. 




 

Respect for you is the only reason why I even attempt to have a conversation with you. I know that the cover of a book doesn’t always capture the depths of the adventures and within the book. But as per usual, your daily pill of life is believing and making sure that this gender that is opposite to yours, remains underneath your armpit and should see it as a blessing to smell your stench.


 

I must warn you that I feed the lion in me on a regular. I have awakened the god in me. I carry grace and I carry guns. Surviving a lifetime of drowning in oxygen, you cannot begin to comprehend how deep my passion runs. If oxygen dares to drown me and I remain (unharmed and daring), you are only but a fragment of my imagination that I can conquer in a passing thought. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts